I forgot how complicated pulling this motor is. I have to take my headlights out. Well, maybe not them, but almost.
So the piston has a hole melted in it from excessive carbon build up. A never ending flame front burned a hole in it.
The head gasket was about to go anyways on number four. The spark plug was melted, and that jet valve shroud got melted as well.
I have an m28 njv head waiting.
It looks like a mess, but I have to wait until later to get the car out of the way to move that shelf.
The driver side shelf is moving to the passenger side of the garage. Then a car can fit on the passenger side.
I switched to the E3 46 plugs. From ngk. Now I’m back with ngk. I won’t say they have never failed me, but I’m not demanding much out of these. They saw 5800rpm, and 13psi. I started noticing a miss at idle, then a miss under boost. It was a lot more prominent once I switched over to wasted spark.
Look ma! No distributor!
I added the second bip373 coil driver, and rewired the coil power and stuff. Pretty decent for fighting a spark plug all day.
I also changed the noisy walbro pump out for an e8000 pump. Big difference.
Next is to tone down the exhaust.
Here is the initial wiring mess while setting up the Megasquirt V3 board with MS1 cpu running Msns-e. Luckily since it was carburated, I got to start from scratch.
You almost can’t see the Conquest oil cooler next to the license plate.
A close up of the Conquest oil cooler.
The Arrows stock breather setup. In my opinion this is an excellent setup for a RWD engine.
This is everything coming together. It’s a G52b SOHC 2.0L N/A engine with an adapter plate on the intake side to fit a 1987 Conquest TBI intake. The exhaust from the Conquest just bolted right on. I’m running a MHI Big 16g @ 15psi.
This is the Hooker Aerochamber. It’s a single 2.5″ inlet with dual 2.5″ outlets. I got the chrome turndowns from Advance Autoparts.
Everybody with their new shoes on.
I found a quaint little spot near the Tire Rack to take these two photos.
This was at a cruise we took to Michigan City. This is at the Blue Chip.
We recovered the dash with cupboard laminate.
I will call this the finalized setup, even though there is some refining to do still.
This is a shot of my 36-1 trigger wheel.
Down the road from my house is this spot. Check out that little waterfall.
One last change to make. I want to get rid of that dang distributor.