I started with some 1.75″ mandrel bends. They are the same diameter as my throttle bodies, and smaller than my intake ports, so I figured it was a decent balance.
I’m using my mock up head as a welding fixture.
And they wind up like this.
I still need to put the coil mount on it and paint it.
Fresh black engine enamel.
Heat shields /splash guards for my air filters.
My brake booster vacuum plumbing.
The GSXR 1000 air box is a little too tall.
I have to pull my timing cover to get to my water pump, because I can’t run my alternator on the driver side as I planned. Unless I make the samurai right hand drive. I will not.
Making an adapter for the samurai stock alternator might work, but the samurai has a lot more electronics in it than it did stock, so the higher output Mitsubishi, or gm1 wire is a better choice.
This is the Evolution manifold. It clears well, but needs to be clearanced and filled to clear the injectors and fully seal against the head.
Like that. Also the egr is on the wrong end and you have to tap and plug the egr hole in the head.
Here is the 2g dsm intake. The throttle body will interfere with the brake master cylinder. I could make a simple 45° bend/spacer for it.
Here are the itbs from a gsxr 1000 I believe. These look promising. I can repurpose the injector holes as vacuum ports since my injectors are in the head. I just need to find air filters.
The boots need trimmed on the outers so they will line up though.
Here is the sheet metal intake I built when this motor was going to be a 30+psi drag monster. It doesn’t fit the bill here, but I wanted to see how it fits.
Here you can see the sheet metal intake that was on it. It has ~11″ runners. I didn’t like the lack of response it had. That was tested with the turbine housing, and 2.5″ short exhaust vs, 2.5″ straight off the header with an inserted muffler.
Here is a measurement of the area I have to work in.
The guy I got the trans from painted it yellow. I painted the tail housing blue. I had a yellow that matched, but Angie and I agreed on blue. Go team!
The motor is a 4g63 stroked to a 2.3L by fast forward connection. It’s 8.5:1 compression with bc 272 cams, 1mm over valves, high pressure springs, in a 2g head with port work done. It was made for high boost and high rpm, but now it’s a non turbo torque monster. The transmission is just a stock rebuilt TH350 with a stock torque converter, about 2k stall using Bill Hinchners adapter plate.