The time has come to say goodbye to the 1987 Chrysler Conquest. It had some good runs, but I have too many cars, and it’s just a heap. So it went to the scrapyard.
Now that the conquest is out of the garage, the Arrow can get some love. Time to pull the motor, and get those bearings replaced.
But wait, why don’t I throw the Comanche axles under the Comanche and get it off Jack stands. Great idea! So I did that.
I like how it sits. But it has the og rear axle, 2.something gears, Spring over swapped and the 2wd front axle under it. The only 4wd axle I have is 3.73 gears, so I didn’t want to put that under it. I also threw the 4inch front lift on it.
But wait, there’s more…
The maroon 85.5 conquest is giving up its motor. I pulled that tonight. I forgot how easy this pulling Motors and swapping axle stuff really is.
Whew. That was easy. Now it’s time to focus on what’s important. Dinner!
Shrimps and grits. Delicious.
Now that the 5.9L V8 magnum is rebuilt, it’s time to get it into it’s new home. Some modifications will be necessary.
That’s as far as I got in one evening. I think it’s going to be a tight fit, but I expected that.
Not much. Actually, not much, so the Comanche is drivetrain less, and the purple jeep is about to be, and the broke jeep is just, broke. In order to get the arrow out of the garage, something has to move. So the arrow snuck out carefully with the aid of a jack.
I’m running eight pounds of boost, on the stock 2L block, crank and rods, with new pistons, a non jet valve head, conquest cam, and Megasquirt throttle body injection. It runs well. The new radiator is on the way. Along with new gauges because the bright blue digital ones overtake the road at night.
The above was filmed with a potato for informational purposes.
So the 5.9L is coming together, and I’ve got the mounts ready to be installed in the mj chassis. I need to get rid of its old drivetrain so it’s out of my way.
But the engine is assembled, I need to change the transmission filter, but otherwise it’s ready to line up in the mj chassis.
So the Comanche needs some dissembling before it gets to a good point, so that’s what this weekend was made up of.
I have to take all the suspension/axles off to put on the scrap zj.
The front was challenging.
I had to cut/grind the upper control arm bolt off.
But it came free.
The rear was very simple, but I did decide to cut off every brake line. It’ll make sense later. Longer lines and what not. Ford parts and junk.
Had to cut off the u bolts. With a torch.
And then I isolated the engine harness from the engine bay body harness. Because a 5.2L swap makes sense.
Then we went fishing.