I have to pull my timing cover to get to my water pump, because I can’t run my alternator on the driver side as I planned. Unless I make the samurai right hand drive. I will not.
Making an adapter for the samurai stock alternator might work, but the samurai has a lot more electronics in it than it did stock, so the higher output Mitsubishi, or gm1 wire is a better choice.
This is the Evolution manifold. It clears well, but needs to be clearanced and filled to clear the injectors and fully seal against the head.
Like that. Also the egr is on the wrong end and you have to tap and plug the egr hole in the head.
Here is the 2g dsm intake. The throttle body will interfere with the brake master cylinder. I could make a simple 45° bend/spacer for it.
Here are the itbs from a gsxr 1000 I believe. These look promising. I can repurpose the injector holes as vacuum ports since my injectors are in the head. I just need to find air filters.
The boots need trimmed on the outers so they will line up though.
Here is the sheet metal intake I built when this motor was going to be a 30+psi drag monster. It doesn’t fit the bill here, but I wanted to see how it fits.
Here you can see the sheet metal intake that was on it. It has ~11″ runners. I didn’t like the lack of response it had. That was tested with the turbine housing, and 2.5″ short exhaust vs, 2.5″ straight off the header with an inserted muffler.
Here is a measurement of the area I have to work in.
The guy I got the trans from painted it yellow. I painted the tail housing blue. I had a yellow that matched, but Angie and I agreed on blue. Go team!
The motor is a 4g63 stroked to a 2.3L by fast forward connection. It’s 8.5:1 compression with bc 272 cams, 1mm over valves, high pressure springs, in a 2g head with port work done. It was made for high boost and high rpm, but now it’s a non turbo torque monster. The transmission is just a stock rebuilt TH350 with a stock torque converter, about 2k stall using Bill Hinchners adapter plate.
Here are the signals working:
Here are the marker lights:
Here is the initial wiring mess while setting up the Megasquirt V3 board with MS1 cpu running Msns-e. Luckily since it was carburated, I got to start from scratch.
You almost can’t see the Conquest oil cooler next to the license plate.
A close up of the Conquest oil cooler.
The Arrows stock breather setup. In my opinion this is an excellent setup for a RWD engine.
This is everything coming together. It’s a G52b SOHC 2.0L N/A engine with an adapter plate on the intake side to fit a 1987 Conquest TBI intake. The exhaust from the Conquest just bolted right on. I’m running a MHI Big 16g @ 15psi.
This is the Hooker Aerochamber. It’s a single 2.5″ inlet with dual 2.5″ outlets. I got the chrome turndowns from Advance Autoparts.
Everybody with their new shoes on.
I found a quaint little spot near the Tire Rack to take these two photos.
This was at a cruise we took to Michigan City. This is at the Blue Chip.
We recovered the dash with cupboard laminate.
I will call this the finalized setup, even though there is some refining to do still.
This is a shot of my 36-1 trigger wheel.
Down the road from my house is this spot. Check out that little waterfall.
One last change to make. I want to get rid of that dang distributor.
I’ve got to rewire the engine bay, and get the trans repaired. It is missing third, and reverse was getting iffy. I removed the old 1.3 engine harness this time.