The Arrows crank got beat out of round, so instead on having the machine work done to get the stock motor back in it, I decided on a motor swap. The plan was to go 4G63T 2.0L DOHC Turbo engine. But, as they say, you can make plans, but not plan the outcome. So I traded Dibari a stroked 4g63 for a stocker, or so I thought. After I got it all unloaded and thrown on the stand, it looked, off. After some inspection, come to find out, it’s a 4G61T. The DOHC Turbo 1.6L from the mirage/colt. How fitting for an Arrow.
So, now having this basically stock 1.6L bottom end, it’s time to check it out.
New bearings ✔
all new gaskets ✔
hks 272 cams ✔
Evo 8 intake manifold ✔
Evo 3 big 16g ✔
2g head and head studs ✔
So far everything is coming together smoothly. From the specs of this combination, it should be ~250HP. Which is right where I want to be.
One difference is the deck height of the block is shorter, so I had to clearance the timing belt tensioner bracket, and slot the top hole for it. Also, the water pump is different than a 4g63. It’s shorter as well.
Everything is lined up, the cams are degreed, they were about 4 degrees off. I got the crank trigger mounted, I just welded a bar on and drilled and tapped some holes in it. I welded a couple beads on to keep it centered.
The crz got some love this weekend too. I took the roof rack off the Montero and cut it down to 42″ then took the mostly destroyed plastic off and used gaffing tape as a traction material/color.
Then added the basket.
I also did some kayaking with my girlfriend Jamie last weekend after wandering around the shore of Lake Michigan.