I wired up the headlights with a standard 4pin Molex desktop pc power connector. It is pinned: ground, ground, low, high.
I also ported the hell out of an exhaust manifold that I welded a t3/t4 flange onto. I ported through it in fact.
A lot of material was removed. It is a lot smoother transition now.
The smell of race gas, fresh tire rubber, paint burning off new exhaust components. The sound of a symphony of explosions, sucked, squished, and banged out! Today U.S. 12 Speed and Custom had a dyno day. I went to watch.
No-one I knew.
I met some interesting people.
So the old style sealed beams are a little old school these days. That means there’s something better out there.
I tried hid retrofit into a 7″ housing with dual stage bulbs/ballasts, those didn’t work out well at all. So now I’m going to try something new.
The Tig is already coming in handy.
So after looking into the mass of ideas from OEM and aftermarket intake manifolds, I’ve decided on a design.
It’s a long runner, fairly large plenum, and big throttle design.
Here is the preliminary layout.
The long tubes need about 3″ cut off the length, then a slash cut on the top. The injectors will be at an angle toward the firewall, they shouldn’t interfere with the heater hoses. I’ll only be able to use the shorty injectors from the looks of it. Good thing I have those, instead of the tall ND/Rochester style.
I’m going to attempt at drawing the whole thing in cad first.