I laid some primer down in the engine bay, and on the louvers. The engine bay, then got a coat of Bahama blue (gm color), because it comes closest to the “bright blue” used by mitsu/chrysler.
I was thinking of going back to a mechanical fan, but I think I’d rather have that power to the wheels, and just use an electric fan.
The louvers got a fresh splatter of bed liner. The engine bay got a nice shot of clear coat over the banana blue.
I ordered parts for actual performance stuff, so I’ll take a break on body junk. But I think this arrow might be getting the jet package. Well, a DIY version of it.
The baffle that I’m installing will help regulate the oil from getting sloshed back in the pan on acceleration. It will allow the oil to flow back to the front, or back to the lowest point, with no real change. I also installed the turbo drain pipe in the pan. I didn’t have enough room to just use a compression type port hole, so I welded it on, inside and out. This is Mitsubishi Japanese steel! None of that “American sheet metal”.
I installed a supplementary trash magnet as well. You can see it through the drain hole so it can be checked easily during an oil change. The drain plug also is magnetic. The extra is a rare earth magnet from the inside of a hard drive.
I started mocking up an exhaust manifold. I planned to do a tri-y design, but I don’t think that will work out as I wanted to put a twin scroll flange on it so I could install a turbo after the motor is broke in and tuned non-turbo. I think I’ll just make a basic long tube header. I’ll do that once the engine is installed.
I sprayed the lower section of the engine bay with bedliner. The end result will be two-tone. I found a paint the matches the stock “bright blue” pretty well.
Adam bought a house and was real excited that prohibition ended back in 33. So we celebrated!